Dharamshala - Mcleodganj, Dharamkot, Bhagsunag
Situated in few miles above the town of Dharamshala, Mcleodganj is a the headquarter of the Tibetan government in exile. Established in the 1850s Mcleodganj is named after the former viceroy of Punjab Sir Donald Mcleod. He visited this place in the year 1846. In the year 1855 The East India Company chose this place suitable for its army.
In the year 1960, Dalai Lama with few of his followers reached here from Lhasa and claimed asylum when the Chinese invaded the Tibet.
Mcleodganj is now a very popular hub for travellers, famous for many yoga and mediation institutes, tibetan studies, beautiful hikes and delicious food.
- Himanshu Khagta
- Image Size
- 4942x3295 / 7.7MB
- Contained in galleries